ANNOUNCEMENT

This blog is no longer active. Go to our NEW blog!
Please continue to follow the romance and update your bookmarks! Just go to our active blog at iplanyourwedding.com/blog

Monday, December 16, 2013

Our Holiday Favorites!

(Photography credit: Eric Bowers Photo, http://blog.ericbowersphoto.com)

As sugarplum fairies dance in our heads we thought we'd share with you some the Simple Elegance Wedding Coordination's staff favorites for the holidays...

Kindra Browne: We have a tradition in our family where we fill to go mugs with hot chocolate and drive around the city looking at all the lights while we listen to Christmas music in the car.  LOVE that time with my family!!

Holly Davidson: My favorite holiday tradition is decorating our home for Christmas while making gingerbread houses and cookies with my children. 

Lindsay Howes: Going to see The Christmas Carol at the Kansas City Repertory Theatre and dinner with my family on Christmas Eve.

Erin Webb: Decking the halls with boughs of holly... just kidding. I love the smell of a fresh Christmas tree, LOTS of snow and the Plaza lights.

Lisa Forbes: Call me a kid at heart, but I love to drive around and look at all the Christmas light displays!  There is a great musical display off of Metcalf Ave, but my favorite is in a neighborhood off of Antioch.  The entire neighborhood participates and they even change the name of the sub-division to Christmas Place.  Every house has a different theme and different colors, but driving through the neighborhood is like driving through a beautiful winter wonderland! 

Lauren Kadel: I love Christmas time because of the traditions and time that I get to spend with family.  Every year I’ve driven to Dixon, Illinois to spend Christmas with my mother’s side of the family.  My grandparents have retired there and now live in the house that has been in the family since 1895.  Over the years, our family has developed a few traditions.  We always celebrate Christmas Eve in Dixon and the evening always includes oyster stew, a huge appetizer buffet and then a late dinner.  We play games, go caroling (depending on the weather) and close the night with church at midnight.  Christmas morning always includes gifts, more food and then time to play with new games or just watch a Christmas movie or two.  I have wonderful memories of Dixon and look forward to creating some more soon!


 Happiest holiday wishes to you and yours and enjoy making memories this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment