Earlier this year, we put together a special series of questions and statements to get Brides thinking about all the intricacies of wedding planning and how Simple Elegance can assist.
Here's a recap below:
Here's a recap below:
1. It takes over 200 hours to plan a wedding.
2. You may make up to 2,000 decisions when planning a wedding.
3. Have you thought about how to communicate available transportation for out of town guests?
4. If you are working on a tight budget, do you know the best ways to cut down the cost on your catering/alcohol contract?
5. Have you thought about how live music can transform your event?
6. Have you thought about choosing a photographer that matches your personality?
7. How are you and your new husband going to get home/to a hotel after the reception?
8. Who will be responsible for your personal items throughout the day?
9. What if a dress rips, someone is feeling ill, and a ring bearer is too shy to walk down the aisle?
10. What are receiving lines really about?
11. You want your beloved pet involved in the ceremony, but who is responsible for him/her?
12. Have you designated someone responsible to take care of your gifts?
13. Some payments are due the day of, do you have plan in place for those payments so you are not being asked during your event where the money is?
14. Who is going to take home your cake topper, your DIY projects, grandma’s crystal, the unity candle and any other personal items that were used for the event?
15. Have you thought about the major weekends in Kansas City and how to plan around them? For Example, The Plaza Art Fair, Nascar race weekends, and The American Royal…just to name a few.
16. Have you thought about what to do if a bridesmaid becomes pregnant and needs her dress remade or altered?
17. Have you discussed with your family what the groom's family pays for other than the rehearsal dinner?
18. How are you going to make your event personal?
19. Who is going to be your point person for all of your vendors throughout the day?
20. Are you aware of clauses with hotel contracts and how to negotiate to your advantage?
21. If you run out of alcohol who is going to go get more during the event?
22. Have you thought about what and how you are going to communicate to your wedding party and family about activities, tasks and requests for the wedding weekend?
23. Do you know where to have your dress steamed and prepped in KC if your purchased it out of town?
24. Do you know where to get local Kansas City items for welcome bags at the hotel? Do you know the rules of hotels for distribution?
25. Have you created a wedding day schedule for your vendors that works for each of them with delivery and return times?
26. Who is going to place all of your personal items out on the wedding day; place cards, menu cards, champagne flutes, favors, etc?
27. Who is going to transfer your flowers from ceremony to reception?
28. Do you know who and how much to give in gratuities?
29. Do you have referrals for quality vendors in your price point that also capture your style in each vendor category?
30. You have you invitations but need wedding day paper items and are not sure where to get them.
31. Do you know the best way to create a seating chart and assign guests to their table and seat?
32. Have you created a wedding day schedule for your vendors that works for each of them with delivery, set-up, and tear-down times as well as transportation pick-up and drop off times and entertainment cues for your band or DJ?
33. Do you know where to get local Kansas City items for welcome bags at the hotel? Do you know the rules of hotels for distribution?
34. Do you know where to have your dress steamed and prepped in Kansas City, if your purchased it out of town?
35. Who's your planner?
Our certified wedding consultants will help you enjoy personalized services that will exceed all of your expectations by offering three packages that fit your needs and budget. Our Full Service Wedding package is exactly what it sounds like. We are there from the beginning to the “I dos” and every minute in between. In the Final Steps package, we join the team three months prior to the big day and help you with planning a foolproof timeline and assist with all those final details. Typically one of the meetings in our Final Steps Package is at the venue or with the florist to finalize design. Our final package is Wedding Day Directing, which is designed to ease your stress during the last 6 weeks of planning and then execute the wedding day making it seamless for everyone.
No matter your style or budget, our passionate love of weddings, fabulous team, and reputation will make the event a success for all. For more information about our services and how we can help you, visit our website at www.iplanyourwedding.com